Terms & Conditions of Internships Australia
These Terms and Conditions are part of the agreement between you the consumer (and host organisation) and INTERN LIMITED operating under Internships Australia (Hereafter referred to as IA). These terms and conditions concern the usage of all products and services (the ‘Services’) of IA as described in these Conditions and the agreement and the usage of our website. Concerning party hereby agrees with all the Conditions and the Privacy statement, to have read and understood what is explained above and mentioned below. These Terms and Conditions are available on our website, on request they can be sent to you by IA free of charge.
Table of content
Artikel 1. Defenitions
Artikel 2. Application process
Artikel 3. Service provided by IA
Artikel 4. Work and travel
Artikel 5. Electronic information traffic
Artikel 6. Payments
6.1. Paid internships or work experiences
6.3. Refund Policies
6.4. Bank fees
Artikel 7. Support services
Artikel 8. Activities
Artikel 9. Responsibility and disclaimer
Artikel 10. Intellectual property rights
Artikel 11. Scope of the conditions
Artikel 12. Length of the agreement/adjustments
Artikel 13. Law and forum choice
Article 1. Definitions
1) Placement – represents a work experience (on volunteer basis) with a Host organisation, not to be qualified as a (first) job after graduation or as a part-time job during study.
2) Contact information – name, address information and other contact information (such as phone number and e-mail address) of both the candidate and the Host Organisations.
3) CV – The curriculum vitae of an applicant that has been filled in and posted on our website by means of an electronic CV form and/or possibly as attachment to the profile.
4) Applicant profile – A short description of the profile (name, address, education, experience, etc) of a certain applicant, that has been filled in and has been placed on our website by means of the electronic profile form.
5) Website – Our website and/or partner sites.
6) Applicant – A natural person that applies for an internship in his/her field of expertise.
7) Host Organisation – Person or organisation that needs to find an applicant for an internship or work experience within its own organisation or in case of intermediary, within the organisation of its constituent.
8) Personal information – Information which identifies an applicant or which can identify an applicant.
Article 2. Application process
1) Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 30 years old and be able to obtain a valid visa for the duration of the internship.
2) After the applicant has applied he or she can make an appointment with a representative of IA for a Skype interview. In the event this interview has satisfied both parties the application of the applicant is accepted.
3) The applicant is responsible for submitting a profile, a format of this profile is send to the applicant as soon as the application is accepted. This profile contains among others an up to date CV, (professional) photograph and cover letter and other questions asked in the format.
4) The applicant is responsible for enclosing correct and complete information in his or her profile.
5) The information given by applicants might be altered by IA slightly.
6) The applicant is permitted, when requested, to access his or her information and to make amends. These amends are only permitted when it is in the interest of fulfilling the service.
7) IA or associated organisations reserve at all times the right to deny an applicant.
8) When submitting the application, the applicant agrees to the service fee and the deposit which are applicable for the requested service and the (non-refundable) administration fee which are applicable for the requested service.
9) When submitting the application, the applicant agrees that his or her personal information will be shared with third parties in order to provide the requested service.
10) When submitting the application, the applicant agrees that his or her personal information will be send to other countries.
Article 3. Services provided by IA
1) If the application of an applicant, as described in article 2, is accepted by IA the applicant will pay the applicable deposit and a (non-refundable) administration fee for his or her requested program, in the event IA is not successful in finding a placement the deposit will (under certain circumstances) be returned to the applicant. These Payment conditions do not apply for candidates who signed up at one of our local agent offices. Note: directly applying with IA is not possible when there is a local IA agent in the applicant’s home country.
2) After the applicant profile is received, IA will contact (potential) Host organisations on behalf of the applicant.
3) When a (potential) Host organisation indicates that there might be a placement opportunity, IA will inform the applicant about this as soon as possible.
4) In the event that a (potential) placement opportunity is found, IA will generally arrange an interview between the applicant and the (potential) Host organisation.
5) IA will inform the applicant as soon as possible in the event that the interview results in a placement offer from the (potential) Host organisation.
6) The applicant has the option to either accept or decline the placement offer.
7) In the event the applicant declines the placement offer IA will use their best endeavours to find another placement offer.
8) Subsequent to article 7, an applicant needs to have a valid reason to decline a possible internship or work experience. Among others, declining an internship or work experience position because the applicant found one by himself will not be seen as a valid reason.
9) If an applicant accepts a placement offer the full fee will be paid by the applicant to IA
10) When it has been confirmed that the fee is paid, IA will facilitate the signing of the internship agreement between the Host organisation and the applicant.
11) The applicant is responsible for obtaining permission from his or her educational institution (if applicable).
12) IA cannot guarantee a placement for every applicant, IA cannot be hold accountable for any reason whatsoever with regard to the inability of finding a placement.
13) The moment the internship agreement has been signed by all parties involved, the contractual relationship between IA and the parties involved will come to an end, unless for several aspects expressly stated in the agreement or in these terms and conditions.
Article 4. Work and travel
With regard to the work and travel program, IA will provide a different service which includes, but is not limited to, Job support, visa assistance and emergency assistance. For more information about this service we recommend going to our website where an overview of the work and travel program can be found.
Article 5. Electronic information traffic
All parties concerned agree that electronically established agreements and electronically sent information are legally binding in case of a legal procedure.
Article 6. Payments
Once the applicant’s internship placement has been arranged by IA, the applicant will be asked to pay the internship fee as discussed. All fees have to be paid within 10 days after the invoice date. In case of a lack of payment within 10 days, IA will send a reminder which has be responded to within 5 days. In case of a non-response within this 5 days after the reminder, IA has the right to charge a AUD50,- administration fee. If not paid within 7 days of the reminder IA has the right to terminate the internship.
6.1. Paid internship or work experiences
Both the Host Organisation and the intern agree on the arrangement that the intern will be a volunteer. The host organisation is entitled to provide the intern with a compensation. However, such an agreement will have nothing to do with IA and is solely be between the intern and the host organisation.
Discounts and vouchers on this website are under the restriction of writing or spelling mistakes. It is not possible to have a discount on a discount or voucher. At all times only one discount or one voucher is valid.
6.3. Refund policies
1) In the event IA is not able to find a suitable internship or work experience position the applicant will refund a refund of the paid deposit minus the admin fee.
2) In the event the applicant has a deadline before obtaining an internship because of his/her educational institution, it is the responsibility of the applicant to make this known on time. The conditions with regard to the repayment of the deposit are only valid until this deadline. In the event an interview does not result in an internship or work experience position and IA is not able to find a suitable position within 4 weeks before the deadline (based on the requirements of the educational institution).
3) IA will not refund the deposit If the applicant decides to sign out during the process, or if the applicant encloses incomplete or incorrect information in his or her profile.
4) IA will not refund any program fees after they have been paid. Only when the internship was unsuccessful due to actions taken by IA, in this event the full program fee will be refunded.
5) IA will not refund the deposit If the applicant looks for an internship of work experience position himself, or via another internship agency and does not inform IA about this.
6) IA will not refund the deposit if the applicant doesn’t reply to general email contact which may affect the search process. 48 hours is preferred but a duration of 5 days or longer is seen as too long which does affect the search process.
7) IA will at all times keep the non-refundable administration fee.
6.4. Bank Fees
The applicant is responsible for all bank fees and charges in relation to processing of the application and/or program fees. In the event of IA being charged such fees, the applicant will be invoiced for these amounts afterwards.
Article 7. IA support services
1) IA will direct the applicant to the visa application website where the applicant can apply for a visa which is necessary for his or her internship/work experience. IA is not responsible or involved in any of the aspects with regard to the visa application process, all responsibility solely rests with the applicants themselves. IA cannot be held accountable in any way in the event a visa is denied, furthermore are all the costs with regard to the visa application process for the applicant.
2) IA will provide suitable housing for the applicant, however, in the event that the arranged housing is not to the liking of the applicant, IA is not responsible to provide an alternative accommodation.
Article 8. Activities
Not INTERN LIMITED but a partner organisation will organize social activities, the applicant is required to sign the liability waiver before joining any of the activities.
Article 9. Responsibility and disclaimer
1) If a party does not keep itself to one or more of the stipulations stated in these terms and conditions, this party is obliged to pay for all the resulting direct and indirect damages (including additional costs and legal costs).
2) This issue does not interfere with the right of IA to start any other claims against the other party, including claiming the right to take other legal measures, such as dissolving the contract without legal interference.
3) IA is not liable for any damages done to the Host organisation as a result of the made match with an applicant/candidate or if the applicant/candidate does not act in accordance with the contract made with the Host Company.
4) IA is not liable for the damage done to the Host Organisation or a third party as a result of an applicant who does not have the required diploma or other proof of competence.
5) IA is not liable for any damage or loss as a result of an incorrect selection of an applicant/candidate by the Host Company, or otherwise as a result of an incorrect selection of an internship/graduation assignment by the applicant.
6) IA is not liable or responsible for arranging a replacing applicant/candidate for the Host Organisation or third party if a selected applicant/candidate does not fulfil his tasks sufficiently or if the applicant does not keep himself to the contract.
7) IA is not liable for any damage as result of the unavailability or disturbance of the website or the facilities of an internet provider and/or telecommunication provider.
8) The used and provided personal information of the applicant is confidential and will at all times be the responsibility of IA.
9) Personal information will only be used by IA to achieve the aim for which this information was provided by the applicant.
10) Personal information will be kept for a specific time, however this information will at all times be protected and is only accessible to authorized persons. IA trains both personal and representatives how to correctly and carefully use personal information.
Article 10. Intellectual property rights
All Author rights, brand rights, business rights and all other intellectual property rights based on software, the website, the services or IA, the information on the website (Excluding possible author rights on the content of the applicants profiles, vacancies, logo’s, brands and other information on the website, for which the Host Organisation gives IA non-exclusive user rights) are only given by IA and/or its licence.
Article 11. Scope conditions
If at least one of the issues in these terms & conditions turns out to be invalid or inapplicable, the other issues will keep their validity. The issues that are not valid or applicable will be replaced by issues that are similar and valid in request to make them applicable.
Article 12. Length of the agreement, adjustments
1) Contracts with IA are valid for an undetermined period, unless the contract specifically states differently. Cancellation is possible by both candidates, subjected to the definitions stated in the agreement between both parties.
2) IA has the right to change these terms & conditions at any time. Changes will not be notified. If a party concerned does not agree with the change, they have the right to inform IA (by email or post) within 30 days after the change. Possible open and invoiced debts remain valid and can be demanded directly. We recommend to read the Terms & conditions monthly, where new or changed information will be highlighted for that particular month in case any changes have been made.
Article 13. Law and forum choice
1) Contracts with IA are managed and controlled by the law of New Zealand.
2) If a conflict appears with the contract with IA regarding the use and services of the website, the parties will try to solve the problem personally before contacting a third party. If the parties do not solve the problem personally, the conflict will be forwarded to the Mediation group.